More Reports and Resources
Additional reports and resources on varying topics available at the links below:
- The Advocacy Group Within: The Embedding of Outside Lawyers and Activists Within the Government
- For Profit or for the Public? The Rise in Contingency-Fee Lawsuits by Local Governments
- Economic Benefits of Tort Reform
- White Paper on New Jersey Fraud Act
- White Paper on Missouri Merchandising Practices Act
ATRA praises the passage of HB 6030 in Michigan, enacting COVID-19 liability protections.
ATRA’s statement on the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania’s ruling in Hammons v. Ethicon to allow an out-of-state lawsuit to continue, openly defying SCOTUS precedent.
Amanda Bronstad with Law.com writes about the potential repercussions if the 2019 $465 million judgment against Johnson & Johnson stands.
ATRA files amicus brief in support of Johnson & Johnson’s decision to appeal a 2019 $465 million judgment against the company, warning against the state attorney general’s expansive use of public nuisance law.
ATRA President Tiger Joyce spoke with Juliette Farley of the Southern California Record about Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week and business interruption lawsuits.